Our website address is
What personal data we collect via this website and why we collect it:
If at any time we opt to allow visitors to leave comments on the site, we will collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
As we do not allow visitors to leave comments on the site, we do not set commentors’ cookies in visitors’ browsers.
If you have been provided a login ID and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two days. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We collect necessary information from what you send us via our online contact forms, including your name, telephone number, e-mail address, Customer ID, optical prescription, and related information pursuant to a purchase order you send us via the Contact form.
Embedded content from other websites
Content on this site may include embedded videos (such as from YouTube, Vimeo or similar), and online maps of our store location information from Google Maps or Bing. When you click on an internal link herein to view this embedded content, it behaves in the exact same way as if you, our visitor has visited the respective external website.
IT data: Any web analytics software we may use, such as the very common Google Analytics, collects for us IT data including the pages you accessed; the date and time of your request and referral URL; the date and time at which you accessed them; your search queries within the site; and information about the device you used such as its hardware model, operation system version, unique device identifier, Internet protocol address, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language. The purpose of this is to improve the efficiency of our website and improve online services we implement for the mutual benefit of our company and you our valued visitors.
Who we share your data with and how long we retain your data
For each e-mail submitted via our Contact form on this site, the content and its metadata are retained indefinitely. We will share only relevant information you have submitted with necessary parties: our optical lens labs. We will share your relevant information if you have submitted a custom optical product order via our web contact form.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have a login on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor emails through the Contact form may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Special information you send us in regard to a custom optical products order via our contact form will be sent to our optical laboratories for the correct fulfillment of the order(s) you submit to us.
How we protect your data and respond to any possible data breach
We have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures, policies and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction, or loss, or unauthorized disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the information concerned, including:
- (where appropriate) password protection, encryption, and use of secure communication transmission software (known as “secure socket layering” or “SSL”) to protect our Sites;
- placing confidentiality requirements on our employees and service providers;
- destroying or permanently anonymizing personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; and
- following strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal information to prevent unauthorized access to it. Whilst we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us and any such transmission is at your own risk.
- Implementation and maintenance of firewalls and other technical measures to ensure that your personal data is recorded and processed in complete confidentiality and security.
- Implementing and maintaining appropriate restrictions on access to your personal data, and monitoring of the access, use, and transfer of personal data.
- Requiring any business partners and third party service providers with whom we may share your personal data to comply with any applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Providing data privacy training on a regular basis to our employees and third parties who have access to personal data.
- Procedures are in place to respond to any possible data breach by promptly informing and advising all website users whose data we have stored, and by engaging IT security professionals to remedy any possible data breach
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We only use automated decision making and / or profiling to block SPAM that might be submitted via our Contact form, and to implement cyber security measures.
Industry regulatory Compliance and Disclosure requirements re collection of online data
We maintain records consistent with provincial regulations, standards and guidelines:
• Maintain records in accordance to professional standards of practice.
• Retain records for the period of time stipulated by the jurisdiction.
1.3.4 Release records in accordance with legislation, regulations and standards of practice.
• Facilitate the timely transfer of records and prescriptions to others as defined in legislation, regulations and standards of practice.
• Provide access to records according to legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Limit access of records according to legislative and regulatory requirements